Previous Exhibitions — Index
23 September 2016 – 19 March 2017
Human and animal, alive and dead, familiar and strange; this major exhibition explored how artists represent flesh in their work, including Peter Paul Rubens, Edgar Degas, Circle of Rembrandt and Francis Bacon. Find out more.
Art & Music
23 June – 31 December 2012
Using paintings and objects from York Art Gallery’s outstanding collections, this exhibition celebrated music and its harmonious and historic relationship with visual art. Artists included Bridget Riley, Juriaan van Streek, and LS Lowry. Find out more.
Gordon Baldwin: Objects for a Landscape
11 February – 10 June 2012
Gordon Baldwin is a sculptural potter who has been very influential in moving ceramics towards sculptural forms and away from traditional functional pots. This touring exhibition showcased more than one hundred of Baldwin’s works. Find out more.
15 October 2011 – 31 December 2012
Excitations was an exhibition of ceramics from York Museums Trust’s collections chosen by leading ceramicist Gordon Baldwin, who is internationally regarded as the UK’s most distinguished living sculptural potter. Find out more.
William Etty: Art & Controversy
25 June 2011 – 22 January 2012
This major exhibition took a fresh look at the works of York-born artist William Etty and uncovered the reasons for his controversial reputation. It was the first comprehensive reassessment of his art for more than 50 years. Find out more.
- Campaign to Bring Albert Moore Masterpiece Back to York
- York Art Gallery Extend Art Happens Campaign To Help Reach Leisure Land Golf Target
- Second display of Alive: Art Between Life and Science goes on show at York Art Gallery
- Embroider Your Dreams: Artist Calls for York Exhibition Input
- Exclusive Exhibition Events for YMT Card Holders at York Art Gallery, the Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum in 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.