The Studio at York Art Gallery is a bright, spacious room full of materials, objects and ideas to inspire your creative side.
Designed to feel more like an artist’s studio than a classroom, The Studio overlooks the Artist’s Garden and is the perfect space for visitors of all ages to engage with art. We use the space to host a variety of practical activities for families and adults, as well as accommodating school and community workshops.
Look out for drop-in family activities in The Studio during the school holidays – take a look at our online events listings.
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
- A statement addressing new national restrictions
- York Art Gallery and Kaiser Chiefs win national award
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.