The Studio at York Art Gallery is a bright, spacious room full of materials, objects and ideas to inspire your creative side.
Designed to feel more like an artist’s studio than a classroom, The Studio overlooks the Artist’s Garden and is the perfect space for visitors of all ages to engage with art. We use the space to host a variety of practical activities for families and adults, as well as accommodating school and community workshops.
Look out for drop-in family activities in The Studio during the school holidays – take a look at our online events listings.
- York Museums Trust invitation to tenders
- York Museums Trust’s project #CuratorBattle shortlisted for two national awards.
- This national lottery open week, we’re saying #thankstoyou with free Grayson Perry entry
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund
- Internationally significant ceramics donated to York Art Gallery