The Studio at York Art Gallery is a bright, spacious room full of materials, objects and ideas to inspire your creative side.
Designed to feel more like an artist’s studio than a classroom, The Studio overlooks the Artist’s Garden and is the perfect space for visitors of all ages to engage with art. We use the space to host a variety of practical activities for families and adults, as well as accommodating school and community workshops.
Look out for drop-in family activities in The Studio during the school holidays – take a look at our online events listings.
- ‘This is England’ ceramic Charger to go on display at York Art Gallery
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- York Museums Trust respond to comments around LGBTQIA+ inclusive event
- Beyond Bloomsbury: Life, Love, and Legacy
- Queering the Burton Gallery