The Studio at York Art Gallery is a bright, spacious room full of materials, objects and ideas to inspire your creative side.
Designed to feel more like an artist’s studio than a classroom, The Studio overlooks the Artist’s Garden and is the perfect space for visitors of all ages to engage with art. We use the space to host a variety of practical activities for families and adults, as well as accommodating school and community workshops.
Look out for drop-in family activities in The Studio during the school holidays – take a look at our online events listings.
- Free Entry to York Art Gallery with a National Lottery Ticket
- Nicolas Poussin’s The Triumph of Pan Travelling the UK in 2019
- Janet Cardiff’s The Forty Part Motet to Feature in New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- Major Exhibition Marking 200th Birthday of Art and Social Critic John Ruskin to go on Display
- YMT Exclusive - Win Tickets to the VIP Launch of 'When All is Quiet: Kaiser Chiefs in Conversation with York Art Gallery'
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.