The Anthony Shaw Collection
Anthony Shaw has been collecting art for over 40 years and his collection is now on long term loan to York Museums Trust.
He is particularly drawn to work that explores the sculptural and painterly qualities of clay.
In the first display of his collection in York, Shaw has selected a variety of work by an array of artists, including sculptural pieces by Gordon Baldwin and Ewen Henderson, figurative mixed media work by Kerry Jameson, and functional ceramics by Jim Malone.
Shaw has always felt that his collection is most at home in a domestic environment and he has worked with the ceramist Martin Smith to develop a domestic-style space in which to show his collection.
Taking the form of two rooms, Shaw places his objects on furniture, between books on shelves, in front of paintings and he invites visitors in to share the experience of living with a collection.
- World renowned art experts in York for Picasso events
- Call Out for Dancers, Singers and Musicians to become a Work of Art at York Art Gallery
- PICASSO: Ceramics from the Attenborough Collection - A Major New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
- Life Size Bronze Sculpture of an Irish Wolfhound by Sally Arnup donated to York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.