The Anthony Shaw Collection
Anthony Shaw has been collecting art for over 40 years and his collection is on long term loan to York Museums Trust.
Shaw is particularly drawn to work that explores the sculptural and painterly qualities of clay.
Shaw has always felt that his collection is most at home in a domestic environment and he has worked with the ceramist Martin Smith to develop a domestic-style space in which to show his collection.
Taking the form of two rooms, Shaw places his objects on furniture, between books on shelves, in front of paintings and he invites visitors in to share the experience of living with a collection.
Current Display: Themes
- York Art Gallery gifted new painting by Dame Laura Knight, thanks to the Friends of York Art Gallery
- ‘This is England’ ceramic Charger to go on display at York Art Gallery
- York Museums Trust announces move of CEO Reyahn King to a new post at National Trust for Scotland
- York Museums Trust respond to comments around LGBTQIA+ inclusive event
- Beyond Bloomsbury: Life, Love, and Legacy