The Anthony Shaw Collection
Anthony Shaw has been collecting art for over 40 years and his collection is now on long term loan to York Museums Trust.
He is particularly drawn to work that explores the sculptural and painterly qualities of clay.
In the first display of his collection in York, Shaw has selected a variety of work by an array of artists, including sculptural pieces by Gordon Baldwin and Ewen Henderson, figurative mixed media work by Kerry Jameson, and functional ceramics by Jim Malone.
Shaw has always felt that his collection is most at home in a domestic environment and he has worked with the ceramist Martin Smith to develop a domestic-style space in which to show his collection.
Taking the form of two rooms, Shaw places his objects on furniture, between books on shelves, in front of paintings and he invites visitors in to share the experience of living with a collection.
- Second display of Alive: Art Between Life and Science goes on show at York Art Gallery
- Embroider Your Dreams: Artist Calls for York Exhibition Input
- Exclusive Exhibition Events for YMT Card Holders at York Art Gallery, the Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum in 2017
- York Museums Trust Appoint Fundraising Manager
- Moore, Picasso and Nash – Three New Exhibitions Confirmed for 2017 at York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.