21st October – 9th May 2021
Please note York Art Gallery is currently closed. You can find out more about our closure information here.
£10 Adults / £5 Children / £8 Students, Universal Credit, York Residents / Free for YMT members and Friends of York Art Gallery.
A triptych of installations under the banner of Human Nature come together as the ambitious centrepiece of York Mediale 2020.
Jointly curated by York Mediale and York Museums Trust, visitors will discover how the human body is hardwired, synchronised and inextricably linked to nature.
Fresh from their show at the Saatchi Gallery in London, Marshmallow Laser Feast’s new installation Tides Within Us explores the journey of oxygen from lungs to the heart and body in a series of installations that echo natural ecosystems.
Embers and the Giants from Canadian media artist Kelly Richardson makes its UK premiere, a short film examining human intervention on nature, referencing the destruction of forest areas and dwindling numbers of fireflies.
Celebrated fine artist Rachel Goodyear continues her exploration into animation-based work with Limina, a series of new animations complemented by delicate drawings displayed alongside a newly conserved marble sculpture from York Art Gallery’s collection. Collectively, her work offers an intriguing glimpse into the psyche and fragments of the unconscious.
- Trustee of York Museums Trust included in the Woman’s Hour Power List 2020: Our Planet
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
- A statement addressing new national restrictions
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.