Manifest: 10,000 Hours
In the middle of CoCA is an installation of 10,000 bowls created by internationally renowned artist Clare Twomey.
Twomey’s installation is designed to create an impact in the transformed space within York Art Gallery.
It is also her response to our collection of ceramics, the dedication of the artists that produced them and the collectors that supported them and then generously gave their collections to York Museums Trust.
Communities of helpers in York and beyond have assisted Twomey in the production of the bowls. Each bowl takes an hour to make and represents one of the 10,000 hours it is said to take to become a master craftsman.
“I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to work with such a personally formed and rich collection. Making this work has built a dialogue around the roles of the collector, objects and the communities that appreciate them”
- Bag search at York Museums Trust venues
- York Museums Trust Seeks to Appoint Three New Trustees to the Board from the Autumn of 2017
- York St Mary's Contemporary Art Venue Reopens 7 June With New Exhibition By Artist Susan Aldworth
- York Art Gallery Awarded Certificate of Special Commendation at the European Museum of the Year Award 2017
- Campaign to Bring Albert Moore Masterpiece Back to York
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.