Manifest: 10,000 Hours
In the middle of CoCA is an installation of 10,000 bowls created by internationally renowned artist Clare Twomey.
Twomey’s installation is designed to create an impact in the transformed space within York Art Gallery.
It is also her response to our collection of ceramics, the dedication of the artists that produced them and the collectors that supported them and then generously gave their collections to York Museums Trust.
Communities of helpers in York and beyond have assisted Twomey in the production of the bowls. Each bowl takes an hour to make and represents one of the 10,000 hours it is said to take to become a master craftsman.
“I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to work with such a personally formed and rich collection. Making this work has built a dialogue around the roles of the collector, objects and the communities that appreciate them”
- York Art Gallery Extend Art Happens Campaign To Help Reach Leisure Land Golf Target
- Second display of Alive: Art Between Life and Science goes on show at York Art Gallery
- Embroider Your Dreams: Artist Calls for York Exhibition Input
- Exclusive Exhibition Events for YMT Card Holders at York Art Gallery, the Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum in 2017
- York Museums Trust Appoint Fundraising Manager
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.