Opens 1 August 2020
The stories of those working or volunteering in other essential services during the pandemic will also be told, as we invite you to nominate your own heroes!
Has someone you know (or you yourself!) been a local hero and worked throughout the pandemic as an essential worker? From teachers to refuse collectors, supermarket staff to bus drivers, doctors to nurses – is there someone you know who deserves to be celebrated? Nominate them or yourself to be part of the exhibition by sending us a landscape digital image of the person you’d like to nominate, with a max of 50 words telling us why they’re your hero and also an email address so we can contact them for permission to include their image in the exhibition! Please send to > email@example.com
The exhibition will open on August 1 as part of Our Heroes Welcome, as York says thank you to all of the essential workers working during the pandemic.
- York Art Gallery selected as finalists for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the Visit York Awards 2022
- W.A. Ismay’s remarkable ceramics collection to go on display in new exhibition at York Art Gallery’s Centre of Ceramic Art
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Work by world-renowned artist Damien Hirst on display at York Art Gallery