Our Decorative Arts collection of more than 3,000 pieces contains a wide variety of ceramics, glassware and other items.
The substantial collection of ceramics from Yorkshire potteries, dating from the 1600s until the 1900s, includes Rockingham, Creamware, Delft Ware and items from Yorkshire country potteries. Most of these pieces are domestic items such as teapots and sets, dinner services and tableware.
Our ceramics collection also includes tiles, drug jars, Toby jugs and other novelty items.
We also have a large collection of Chinese and Korean pottery, dating from 1700 until 1900, mostly consisting of plates, bowls and vases.
A large number of 18th and 19th century glasses, pewter, copper, silverware and clocks from York makers complete this fascinating collection.
- New Exhibition Celebrates the Life and Work of Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor from Yorkshire
- Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor Displays Work in Major Outdoor Exhibition
- New Café to Open at York Art Gallery
- New Chair of Trustees Appointed at York Museums Trust
- Future Greats: Aesthetica Art Prize 2019
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.