YARN – Teacher Network
Yorkshire Art & Design Teachers’ Regional Network (YARN)
The Yorkshire Art and Design Teachers Network meet each half term at York Art Gallery. Teachers are welcome from all phases and meetings are an opportunity to share good practice, discuss joint and local initiatives and update on issues affecting art and art education. Bring your ideas, skills and colleagues for a professional and social networking opportunity.
For further information contact Maria Keki – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07504854684
Meetings are held in the Studio learning room at York Art Gallery from 5pm to 7pm. Tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Each meeting provides:
- an opportunity to consider important arts issues
- support for arts & craft teaching
- engagement with York’s gallery and museum collections.
Some meetings will include a practical workshop element where teachers can develop new practical skills. Last year YARN meetings included workshops with painter Tom Woods and ceramic artist Beccy Ridsdel.
- Sounds Like Her - A new exhibition exploring Gender, Sound Art and Sonic Cultures
- New Exhibition Celebrates the Life and Work of Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor from Yorkshire
- Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor Displays Work in Major Outdoor Exhibition
- New Café to Open at York Art Gallery
- New Chair of Trustees Appointed at York Museums Trust
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.