The Anthony Shaw Collection
Anthony Shaw has been collecting art for over 40 years and his collection is now on long term loan to York Museums Trust.
He is particularly drawn to work that explores the sculptural and painterly qualities of clay.
In the first display of his collection in York, Shaw has selected a variety of work by an array of artists, including sculptural pieces by Gordon Baldwin and Ewen Henderson, figurative mixed media work by Kerry Jameson, and functional ceramics by Jim Malone.
Shaw has always felt that his collection is most at home in a domestic environment and he has worked with the ceramist Martin Smith to develop a domestic-style space in which to show his collection.
Taking the form of two rooms, Shaw places his objects on furniture, between books on shelves, in front of paintings and he invites visitors in to share the experience of living with a collection.
- YMT Card Exclusive - Members' Christmas Shopping Days 2016
- York Art Gallery Announced Winners of the Family Friendly Museum Award 2016
- Visitors Offered Ten Of York’s Most Iconic Selfie Locations With New Online Interactive Map
- Exclusive YMT Card Holders' Exhibition Preview For 'Flesh' At York Art Gallery Announced
- Opportunity Now Available For New Trustees To Join The Board At York Museums Trust
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.