How to Find Us
York Art Gallery is in Exhibition Square, five minutes’ from York Minster, next to Bootham Bar, the northern gateway on the city walls.
It is about 15 to 20 minutes’ walk from York Railway Station.
The nearest car park is on Marygate, which is five minutes’ walk and has 350 spaces. Marygate is off Bootham, the A19, which is the main road into York from the north. For more car parking information go to http://www.yorklive.info/
York Art Gallery
- York Art Gallery selected as finalists for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the Visit York Awards 2022
- W.A. Ismay’s remarkable ceramics collection to go on display in new exhibition at York Art Gallery’s Centre of Ceramic Art
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Work by world-renowned artist Damien Hirst on display at York Art Gallery