Date: Wednesday 27 February 2019, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue: York Art Gallery
Join sound artist Rebecca Glover and foley artist Sue Harding for an exciting exploration of the Gallery’s art collection through sound.
Using When All is Quiet as inspiration:
- learn how to ‘sculpt’ with sound
- imagine the ‘sonic worlds’ that different objects in our collection may have experienced
- record your own soundtracks inspired by our objects
- discover the world of foley recording techniques
Not only that, but members of Kaiser Chiefs will be visiting on the final day of the course to see the work inspired by the exhibition, and to chat to attendees about their personal highlights.
- is suitable for young people aged 13-17
- takes place Tuesday 26 February – Friday 1 March 2019, 11am-4pm, including a lunch break
- is free for children aged 16 and under. For the discounts we have available for 17 year olds, please see our visitor information page